Lipomas are small deposits of fat cells that are just under skin. They feel kind of soft, and you can nudge them around under the skin. Lipoma lumps are usually harmless.
Of course, if a lipoma lump forms in a sensitive area close to a nerve, or in a highly visible place – like your face or neck – the result can be distressing as it would look abnormal and disfiguring.
Lipomas should get checked to make sure it’s not something serious and to confirm its benign nature. Once that has been established, then lipoma treatment options for removal of the fatty lump can be discussed.
While the most common course of action is surgical removal, there are ways of getting rid of lipomas naturally. You can find out about a previous lipoma sufferer’s success in eliminating his lipomas here.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Lipomas
- Lemon juice: lemon is a known detoxifier, and lipomas are no exception. Lemon juice helps stimulate the liver, and eliminate toxins from your body. As such, it can help get rid of lipomas naturally or at the very least reduce the size of the lump.
- Castor oil: a popular home remedy to get rid of lipomas is by using castor oil. Apply the oil several times throughout the day.
- Flaxseed oil: one of the best non-animal sources of omega 3, flaxseed oil has been reported to counteract the growth of fatty tissues, and may, in some instances, even dissolve existing lipomas.
- Turmeric: used extensively in eastern medicine, turmeric has properties that can help in softening and reducing lipomas. Mix a little turmeric powder with olive oil and apply several times a day.
- Green, leafy vegetables: increasing your intake of healthy foods such as green vegetables and fruits is beneficial in any case, but particularly so to inhibit growth or regrowth of lipomas.
- Avoid fatty foods: decreasing red meat and dairy also has several health benefits. One of them is the reduced stress on the liver which can then process fats better, and combat formation of lipomas.
- Avoid sugar and white flour: these are also stressors on the liver, and dramatically reducing their intake will have excellent health benefits, and help reduce the size and density of any existing lipomas.